1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cost of used EBMM Sterling?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by parksung, Apr 1, 2009.

1. parksung

parksung

Sep 2, 2007
    going to San Francisco and looking for a used one, but have no idea what it may cost.

i saw a used one at Long & McQuade in Canada and it was CAD1200! ouch. hope they're cheaper in the States...any ideas how much i could expect to find them for? (4 string)

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I got mine for $800.

3. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    Looking at completed auctions on eBay, seems like less than $900 US is a fair price.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Depends on the condition and the options. The multiple pickup ones cost a little more.

5. I got mine for some 900$ (from a fellow TB'er) and it was in brand new condition (was less than a year old, in fact). That was 3 years ago. In CDN money and with shipping (150$ or so) it cost me around 1300-1400$. Still cheaper that buying new here (2000+15% taxes (in Quebec))

6. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    $750-$950 is a pretty good range for a used one.

7. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Concur with others here. Anything over $900 is too high unless you are really picky about color, pickups etc. and/or want something mint.