1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cote drops Roy (Flyers' Hockey Content)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I hope this doesn't violate any TOS rules, but I thought some fellow hockey fans might enjoy this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9GOdznG5CLo

I watched this game from start to finish and Roy continued to run his mouth at Cote and the Flyers' bench after the fact, making hand gestures including a slash to the throat with his thumb. I see a rivalry a brewin.

2. That was a nice punch. Revenge for their first fight. :)

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Yeah. I like that he stopped throwing punches after Roy fell to the ice.

4. Nice punch. It takes a lot to fight on skates, not that most hockey fights are actually fights.

lowsound

5. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    As a long time veteran of the noble tradition of fisticuffs-on-skates, I heartily approve of that video.

....'specially considering the name of the winner. :D:D:D:D

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The girlfriend is a Flyers fan... I enjoyed seeing this one.

I'll root for Philly against anyone other than NJ. Unless of course Philly is actually a threat, but that's not happening anytime soon ;)

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    My whole family hails from Pottstown, PA.; about halfway between Philly and Reading. Even though I live on the West Coast, I'm still a die-hard Flyers fan. I got into them around the Lindros, LeClair, Renberg era. I've watched Gagne develop as a player and have always liked him. I like Richards a lot and Carter has really stepped up this season. I'm impressed with how they've turned things around. I got the NHL Center Ice for the season and have only missed a few games. I'm pretty sure they will make the playoffs this year.

I respect the Devils a lot. Broduer has frustrated the Flyers for a while now huh. atozsmileyfl5.

8. I'm not a Philly fan but I like Cote. A lot of people complain about him but I think he's a good enforcer and he's fun to watch.

9. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    He's been beaten a few times in fights, but the fact that he is willing to drop the gloves I think far outweighs the number of fights he's "won". It seems like 4th liners don't stick around on teams for long, I hope they keep this guy around for a while. Word on the street is that he is quite the gentleman and scholar off the ice.

Steve Downie has gotten a bad rap too, but He is a very skilled young player, especially for someone who is deaf in one ear. I don't think he is the goon everybody makes him out to be. He seems to be controlling his temper a lot better now that he has made it to the NHL. Hopefully there will be no more of this

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    The NHL is composed of a bunch of sissies now. We need to get Bob Probert out of retirement so he can beat these people up.

11. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    I did enjoy a good Probert vs. Domi bout.

I was a little apprehensive right after the lockout; but I'm actually quite pleased with the new NHL. Look at the parity in both conferences. I'd rather have it the way it is, than have none at all.

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Love it!
    The proverbial two hits-
    Cote hitting Roy
    Roy hitting the ice

13. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Any recall the time Domi (on the Leafs) beat the crap outta a Philly fan? The fan was giving Domi an earful & then fell into the Penalty Box WITH Domi...funny!

14. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.

15. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    "I hope Fedoruk is not hurt" :D

16. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    bout time they won something

Go Leafs Go

17. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    too many cheese steaks

18. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
  19. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Banned

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    This is a much better fight, Crosby beats THREE!

Bizarre combo of a resurgence of the pinching/holding they reffed out a few years back, yet an increase in goals scored.

I'm actually even liking the shoot-outs lately.

Go figure!

20. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I tend to be a purist...that said-
    Apparently, the 2-line pass/offside pass made life really difficult for the skilled guys. Advancing the puck 1 line at a time really clogged up the ice...& slowed down what should be a fast-fast sport.