1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Could a BBE Supacharger and a Y cable power an Empress Superdelay?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by icarussmicarus, Apr 29, 2009.

1. I was previously running 2 delay pedals, the subdecay echobox and the boss dd-20 together. I recently sold the boss after a million years cos I was downsizing my board, I kept the echobox because the basic delay sounds is lovely but now I find myself missing the presets and tape mode of the DD-20.

I'm looking a the empress superdelay as a combination of the two since it's multi-tap mode would let me gain the sexy tape sound on the DD-20.

It requires 300ma and my BBE Supacharger only has 200ma and 100ma outlets. Could an appropriate Y cable allow me to power the superdelay by bridging one 200ma and one 100ma outlet together?

If so, where would I purchase such a cable?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It sounds fishy to me. I'd contact BBE about it.

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Most cables like that are designed to bridge two 9v sources in series to give 18v, which could fry a 9v pedal. You want a cable that will bridge the sources in paralell, not sure if they're available but you could make one!