Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Could a rolling rack damage its contents?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ADbassman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Not sure if this is the right forum, but more it if nessisary.

I've been looking into getting a rolling rack case for my setup so I don't have to haul around a 55 pound power amp (QSC USA 1310) with just my arms. I'm wondering, since the power amp and all the other rack stuff is bolted to the rack, wouldn't that cause some terrible vibrations when the rack is rolling around (Like on a sidewalk, persay?). I'm looking at the Gator 6 space rolling rack because its lightweight, locks, and has wheels with one of those luggage bar handles.

Maybe somebody with one of these could give me some insight.

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    Not if the rack rails are shock mounted. Don't cheap out on the wheel and go for some soft large ones that will make a smooth ride and roll over bumps more easily. Putting handles up high on the rack will also help it from dumping when being rolled.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i've never experienced any damage to any equipment i've used in racks with casters on them from normal wheeling around.

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I also recommend rear rails for heavy power amps. It is good to have the extra support.