Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Could anyone tab this?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Chap, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Here is a riff of my fav local band. Could anyone tab it for me?:confused:

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    uhhh....tab what riff? this is going to be really funny...

:rolleyes:

3. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody get a moderator!

Nice sexist signature Chump..er..I mean Chap.

4. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    damnnnn, it didn't attach. forget it, ill figure it out. and BOLBACH, you ain't funny so dont talk

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well he's certainly funnier than you and as we are in the Double Bass forum, I think he has more right to talk than you, as well! :rolleyes:

6. Hurry up and post the song, I just found my metric ruler. You do know metrics right? I will be able to tab it out on the DB if you know metrics.

I.e. Wild Thing.

Open A, Open D, 11 Centimeters on D String.
    Repeat.

Break Riff: Open G, 11 Centimeters on G string. Repeat, return to original Riff.

7. clap:
    Sorry I can't help you; my specialty is trombone tabs.

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    CHAPSMEAR,

In case you missed the joke, you posted on the wrong side of the board, where the grumpy old guys with the giant violins reside. Would you like to have your post moved to the BG side, or do you wanna spar with Jeff some more? It would probably be wiser to choose the former, but if you choose the latter, gimme a minute to call my bookie before you continue...

9. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Just to be helpful here's the metric conversion to gruffpuppy's helpful tab of Wild Thing, 11 cm ~ 4 11/32 inches. Of course this all depends on the mensure of your bass.

10. I've got ten bucks that says Chap thinks you can't spell.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is that like a Chap Stick? Or is this something uniquely English - while I'm on it : does the phrase "giving him some stick" mean anything to U.S. people?

As in - "I gave him a bit of stick for that!" - which translates roughly as "I gave him a piece of my mind for that!" which translates roughly as "I was slightly annoyed and castigated him strongly for that!" which translates.........;)

12. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Aw....Ed won't let me have any fun.

13. Just to clarify, my trombone tabs are all for a 3/4; using them with a 7/8 or 4/4 will sound flat.

Also, re "The only thing I like fat-free is my woman." What about her bubble-gum? Isn't it fat-free, too?

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    So, uh... what's the song?

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Actually, I was trying to reference "Pap Smear" which is a hugely unpopular form of cervical test given during a gynecological exam to most women over the age of 15 whether or not they happen to have any body fat on them at all. It was also a prediction of what our clueless young friend would emerge looking like after undergoing a few verbal sparring rounds with our good friend and master luthier ROUGH TROLLSMACK.

And yes, the phrase "giving him some stick" does mean something to Americans, but to quote the great Inigo Montoya, "I done theen eet meens what you theen eet meens". Kinda like the ALUMINIUM thing, only different.

16. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    You guys are so cruel, shame on you. The poor "Chap" is just looking for some Double Bass Drum tabs for a new experimental song that's nothing but silence. Can't you see that this Chap is on the cutting edge?! You guys need to be more humble in the face of overwhelming greatness!

17. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Chap; you remind me of my (white) friend Jesse, who took a wrong turn one day while driving in California somewhere, and found himself in Compton. His solution; he rolled his window down, smashed his arm against the side of the door in order to bulk up his biceps as much as possible, looked straight ahead, and exited the 'hood ASAP. Just a suggestion.

18. Thanks, I couldn't find a ruler. And thanks to Don, my reference was to a 3/4 DB. Just to clear things up.

I find Jeff to be funny.

Off topic, Chris and Don the scales next to the title Moderator seem to be balanced. I think you should have Paul fix that for you.

19. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Sarcasm on the left, irony on the right. What's to fix?

20. Ahh, Yes, My mistake. Didn't know the labels.
    I was still thinking Good Cop, Bad Cop.