1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could I go wrong with ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by crikker, Mar 9, 2008.

1. crikker

crikker Yooper From Way Back Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    UP
    an Ashdown MAG300 amp? All I have now is a Peavey Minx but I want to go larger. A drummer friend of mine wants to jam a little and I wouldn't mind eventually going to playing in clubs. Right now, all I'm playing in is the basement. Is the Ashdown a good starter amp? Don't want to spend a load and don't see myself needing a massive setup.

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Price to performance it's one of the best "starter amp" deals out now. It is just the amp, you still need a cabinet. The Avatar 212 is the answer there. That's enough rig to sound pretty decent and loud enough to rock out the local bar. Probably around $700 for everything counting a speaker cable and shipping.

3. crikker

crikker Yooper From Way Back Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    UP
    Thanks.

4. Denison329

Denison329

Jan 28, 2008
    I just bought an Ashdown Mag300 combo with a 15" speaker. It's an amazing little combo. I love the sound and it fills our small church nicely.