1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

COULD I HAVE A PROBLEM, with a MarkBass Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fred Mott, May 21, 2011.

1. Fred Mott

Fred Mott

Nov 20, 2010
    I just bought a new MarkBass Jeff Berlin combo used it at two gigs. Volume was turn up maybe half. The amp did great know problems. Both gig's I got good feed back on how great my sound was. One gig was outside, but we were in the shade. 4 day's later I was playing in the house and thought I heard a popping and some popping when I turn a mid knob. But I'am not sure, but I payed a lot for it and only had it 25 days. Has anyone else had a problem like this with this amp. It hasn't happen again yet. I got this amp on sale at GC for $999.00 now they are back up to regular price.

2. If you have a problem take it back and get it swapped out. That's what the warranty is for.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    sale or not, it's under warranty for 2 years.

4. Fred Mott

Fred Mott

Nov 20, 2010
    I did what you suggest , I took it back to GC and they were very nice and know problems. They ask me why I was unhappy I told them, and they exchanged it right on the spot. It took maybe 30 minutes. I was very impressed with the service I was given today. Most of the time I can buy there as cheap as I can online. The salesman told me MarkBass has a good rep and very seldom do they get one back. I'am not sure what my problem was, just didn't want to take a chance with two gigs coming up.