Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Could someone borrow me the Rabbath method?

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by kellerjul, Feb 19, 2005.

1. kellerjul

kellerjul

Feb 18, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I took a class this semester,THe History of String Pedagogy.
    It is very interesting, but the oroblem is, that in the end I have to do a research about a bass-method. The only method, could interest me, is the Rabbath new technique.My school does not own even one music for the bass, and I can not afford to buy the whole thing. COULD SOMEONE BORROW IT TO ME TO THE TIME OF RESEARCH? I COULD EVEN PAY A LITTLE BIT .
    THANKS
    P.S.:I'm in Boston
    kellerjul@hotmail.com

2. You can usually find these at big libraries. Being in Boston you have alot of Libray options.

3. contrabajisimo

contrabajisimo

Feb 9, 2004
    Chicago
    yeah, interlibrary loan helps too.

4. lownotes02

lownotes02

Jan 19, 2005
    Melbourne, Fl
    Karim, do you call your library to see if they are part of the interlibrary loan network, and is that how you recieve instructional materials?

I googled interlibrary loan, and searched for rabbath, bass methods, etc, and came up with nothing. Does your local library join this organization and you borrow instructional methods thru them?

5. lownotes02

lownotes02

Jan 19, 2005
    Melbourne, Fl
    Sorry, just answered my own question after searching this forum. Another poster stated:

All US libararies are networked with other libraries in their area. Ask the librarian for an Interlibrary Loan Form, fill it out, and they will get it for you.

What a great idea! Thanks Karim!!!

6. contrabajisimo

contrabajisimo

Feb 9, 2004
    Chicago
    cool. my school library is connected with all schools in the northwest, so yesterday I ordered two books that are expensive and hard to find, mostly out of stock stuff. good luck with your research.

7. kellerjul

kellerjul

Feb 18, 2005
    Houston, TX
    My library connected to the Massachusetts libraries only. None of them has it.