Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Could Someone Proofread My Fingering Chart?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    This is the first page of my chord fingering chart. It's primarily for my use, so I've only included the fingerings I'll use most (I'm not going to go out of my way to finger a 1st and 2nd inversion of a Sus4 chord, for example), but I was wondering if anyone wants to look it over to see if I've made any mistakes. Thanks!

EDIT: I've added the 2nd inversion on the Minor and realligned the interval dots so you can see how they relate to the chords above and below them for easier use.

[​IMG]

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Looks pretty good to me. Nice work.

3. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    I couldn't spot any errors. I do have a craving for smarties after looking it over though, not sure why.
    You might want to add the 2nd inversion minor (see attachment). I have also provided some 7th suggestions.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks, Ashbory- I didn't notice an easily playable 2nd inversion for some reason. I added it to the chart and posted the new chart in place of the old one.

I'll post the second page tonight or tomorrw morning.