1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Could somone check my Squeeze Me Macaroni & Paranoid Android tabs please?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by AidanHampson, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Bump

I'm sure they're not perfect...

2. BASE

BASE

Mar 27, 2006
    I took a look at your Bungle tab the other day, just been too busy to post suggestions.

First, a few minor suggestions.
    1. Part B <bars 10, 12, 14, 16>
    The phrase is most likely all in 1st position and it's easier to get it to sound like the recording when you play it there. In other words, move the A str notes to the D str.
    G||-------------------------||
    D||---------0-1--1-0--1--0--||
    A||-------------------------||
    E||--1----------------------||

2. Part C <bar 22>
    In the 2nd half of this bar try
    G||------------3-------3--4-|
    D||---------------4-5-------|

3. Part G <bar 40>
    At the Ab notes it's a 5h6p5 trill, or 0h1p0 on the G str.

These are the only minor things I remember from the other day.

OK, the 2 bar verse riff you got is the main thing I'm seeing you really have to revise and spend some more time with. It's slightly off notewise and missing the finer dynamics as well. Also, you might have noticed it varies. The riff is fun as hell to play when you have it right. However, in your tab for instance, the "TTTT etc" right hand fingerings lead to a pretty lifeless interpretation. None of the other tabs I found online have the verse right either. Part of the difficultly from the tabbing perspective for this part is the damn obnoxious 16th note throttle of some percussion instrument; probably just a cowbell lol.

All in all, I liked your tab. It's a good effort and you got some parts in the middle of the song most people wouldn't. As I said, my main suggestion is just spend some more time with the verse :)

3. I get "the link has expired". I would like to see the Paranoid Android tab...I have never found one that was correct in the 7/8 bit