1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could the GAS be Gone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    I gotta tell ya, I don't feel it at the moment. Strange.

2. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Wrong forum.:spit::D:D:D:D:D

3. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    Gone? I don't think is possible, it'll come back to you don't worry :D

4. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Nope. I've been looking at interfaces and building my own preamps. My mind is telling me "WTH, man???" But my gut is saying, "I wonder what a Neve sounds like..."

5. the engine

the engine Guest

Well...with the kind of gear you have/had, I can imagine you aren't too curious right now. That's a compliment BTW. But don't worry, there's no cure for GAS. Your lack thereof is only temporary. Cheers.

6. Worry not, amigo...it'll be back.

7. yes... temporary! this too shall pass...

8. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    My GAS is in remission. I thought I was buying my dream bass (Q5) but it turns out my cheap Yamaha is better for me. I have a little GAS for a Sterling that is hanging at the store, but not much else. I think I am actually getting tired of swapping and nit-picking my tone. No one else cares, I think I sound good so why the endless revolving door?

9. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Heretic!

10. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    With regards to my own personal GAS.... it's pretty much gone.
    However, i'm gas'n through my son now:eek: He needs another bass and his bday is coming up, so i've been gas'n to get him the "perfect" bass:eyebrow:

11. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Ya feeling ok there AJ? Do we need a mini GTG to tune you up
    before June?

12. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm in full GAS swing! On top of the roller coaster and hopefully coming down for a little while. As we all can atest it can be pretty time consuming.

13. MDFreeze

MDFreeze

Jan 27, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    You're out of GAS? GAS is what helps my workday pass quicker. I praise God for the abundant GAS He's given me! I will be praying that the GAS returns for you, I really don't think we can ever be free from it.

14. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    You'll be back...they always come back...

15. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Could be. Ya know, I haven't played your LPB Geddy yet and I've gone back to 4's.

16. Thor

Here's just the thing.

17. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    Dear god, I have a thing for maple and blocks :crying: and to top it off a blue body, did you swap the neck? I don't remember fender selling a bass like that, but I could be wrong (more than likely I am) :bag:

18. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I hear ya. Ever since I got my Nordy sounding and playing like I wanted to, I've hardly even looked at another bass. I often find myself even considering selling a bass or two, as I don't see myself really feeling the need to play them much since my Nordy became my main player. I agree, it is a weird feeling. My amp GAS though? That never seems to go away. Somebody is always coming out with a new head or cab that I'd love to try.

19. Thor

Not like that at all.

I had Noll Guitars, a local luthier, strip the poly off a Geddy Lee I bought used from TB'er Cheezwiz.

It was then refinished in LPB Nitro.

I added the following mods:
    Bad@ss II bridge (the original was swapped)
    Lindy Fralin Split Coil pups
    Hipshot detuner on the E.

I decided to leave it passive. Great bass and I love the
    color.

I will have to drag it up to AJ's house one night to give him
    a dose of GAS.

20. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    This sounds pretty familiar... I think the last time I read about this was when you had your AC5 and your Sadowsky 24/5. How many basses ago was that particular lineup?? Are you only playing 4s now?