1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could this be a problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lunardecay, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Lunardecay

Lunardecay

Mar 6, 2006
    Hello gentelmen and (yeah, I see you!) ladies.

In my new band, I am going to be playing guitar (mostly rhythm, with some lead) using a baritone guitar (B to B, dropped to A on the low.) and instead of buying a new guitar amp (all I have currently is a small first act practice amp) I was planning on using my Gallien kruger (a bass amp :ninja: ) 115 BPX Cab, and BP250 head (in my opinion, probably well siuted for a low metal tone)... Now, my lead guitarist will be using a baritone guitar, same tuning, with a normal guitar halfstack (Most likely Marshall, will be his amp of choice)...
    Now, I was planning on having the bass and treble boosted, while cutting the mids...I was thinking our bassist would boost his mids, to cut through...(note, Im the only one in the band who has any knowlage of frequencies) and I was wondering, could you see me using a bass amp being a problem for him? I mean, do you think he will get lost in the mix? Also, should our two guitars be at different frequencies, or at the same? I was thinking the pickup selection on the guitars would be enough to make the different textures blend.