1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could use some input.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by H2ODog, Sep 18, 2008.

1. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    I'm looking at two bases i'm interested in. The Fender FSR Standard P or the Ibanez ATK. I want a P bass tone but was wondering how close can the ATK get to a P bass tone? I haven't got a chance to play either one, and never owned a P bass.

2. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I've never played an ATK, but common sense would say that if you want a P bass tone, you should get the P bass.

3. VLADOi

VLADOi

Aug 29, 2006
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Not very close... Of course you can tweak the knobs around, but still a P would sound MUCH closer to a P ;) I have an ATK300, Japanese made, and it's absolutely great. But if you're interested in a P sound it just might not have the tone you need.

4. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Thx guys for the info.

5. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner - FretSpot.com; Vice President - Springfield Music
    I agree with the other posters, the ATK really doesn't nail the P tone. However, it does offer some very nice tones that you might like just as well, but it ain't a P.

6. H2ODog

H2ODog

Sep 30, 2003
    Roseville, CA
    Thanks for your input guys, bought a Fender MIM FSR P yesterday.:)