1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Could we ever see a Soundgear bass with 19mm spacing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcburn, Mar 13, 2010.

1. What do people think? I realise their whole marketing campaign is centred around small narrow necks but I for one love the look of a Soundgear bass but dont like narrow spacing.

2. not likely. thats what the BTB is for

3. Either of them with a maple board - well, maybe a four string...but NEVER a six string.

They finally made one with a wenge board, but it's the 3006 series and it's around $2000. For that $$, I'd buy a used Roscoe.

Wait a minute...I did!:cool:

Z

4. If you want 19mm spacing on an Ibanez get a BTB, otherwise no dice. I don't see it happening at all.:rollno:

5. Gunner77

Gunner77

Nov 30, 2009
    Columbia, MO
    What is the string spacing on an SRX?

Gunner

6. .

7. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    Are there any BTB's that aren't 19mm spacing, I played one and the string spacing felt the same as my SR406.

8. I have no idea, I don't play Ibanez basses anymore. Tho, I do own a BTB405QM that's got 19mm spacing.

9. Kipaste

Kipaste

Jun 27, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    Well, the 6 string BTB 676 has 17 mm spacing. 6 string SR's are 16,5 mm.

10. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    That would explain it, 'twas a sixer. They should go for a 19mm spacing with those.

11. I suppose it's just a small thing. Ive owned 2 BTB prestige 5er's and liked everything about them bar the slab style body. Maybe then a BTB with a body with softer/smoother curves?
    And no smut please...:bag:

12. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Hey JC, a SR with 19mm spacing? Sounds like an Affirma to me!

:bassist:

13. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    What kind of stupid question is this? I have two 800's both have 19mm spacing. My son's 800 and my other son's 500 have 19mm spacing.

14. Hey Tercesyrev - I wish mate.
    And Danomite64 - simmer down big fella - I mean 5 and 6 stringers. Didn't mean to p*&s anyone off.

15. boyet

boyet

May 15, 2007
    Miami
    Now that explains it. The title of the thread should've been "Could we ever see a 5/6 string Soundgear bass with 19mm spacing?" to make it clear for everybody. ;)

16. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Agreed, that will happen about as fast as a Fender Neck with a 2 1/8 inch heel....

17. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I don't see it happening but I do think it would be a nice option.

18. SRX's are somewhere in the middle - not as tight as the SR's and not as open as the BTB's. Fairly detailed specs are on the Ibby site.

While they don't specify actual string spacing, they do specify nut width/last fret...
    So 5-strings for example:

SR: 45 / 67
    SRX:45 / 73
    BTB:47 / 76

The SRX is not AS wide as the BTB - but it's a lot closer to the BTB vs. the SR.

Good luck.

19. I had a Blue Moon (the one with the Poplar burl finish) it was 17 and my main axe was 19. We switch off frequently one is tuned down to D and it was driving me crazy, so I ended up selling the Ibanez and getting another 19mm bass

20. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Hey, I'm not upset. I just thought the question as it was originally asked was stupid in light of the facts.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020