1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

could you tell me if this is a real monster cable?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by skoti89, Apr 28, 2006.

1. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
  2. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    if this should be moved, please do so mod

3. BenWC87

BenWC87

Jun 10, 2004
    yeah, that's a monster cable

4. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    cant see too well, but is is gold plated jacks? like in the moster link?

5. Yeah, that's the old style Monster bass cable. I have one.

Buying a used Monster cable is fine by me but I will never buy a new cable from them unless I absolutely have to.

Check out http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=monster+cable+lawsuit for some links to information about their lawsuit-happy lawyers.

- Dave

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I just read a few of those. What in the hell is wrong with them?

7. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    "Monster" has been an apt adjective since long before they were making cables. As in: "He's a monster" (player), "that's some monster stuff", "monster home run" etc., etc. Those fools ought to check themselves, their trademarked name came out of that very slang vernacular. Who should be suing whom? What's wrong with those idiots? It's unbelievable what lawyers & greed have done to society.

Sorry for the OT rant, it just gets to me.

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    :: puts on flame proof clothing:: I think them suing so many companies is obnoxious and unfounded. If they were companies that were related to music related products-i could see it, but-clothing? monster garage? come on.

The catch.....i like having their lifetime warranty-w/guitar centers in every city that i live now, buying a few $50 cables now and knowing that i can trade them once they break is a good feeling. I recently took a cable that i had been using heavily for 5 years in to the GC here in Chicago [on Halstead], the guy didn't even recognize the model. They quit making that kind awhile back, it was the old S100 cable that came w/the metal jacket and gold ends. So i got one of the $50 monster "rock" cables instead. I dig it.

take it easy.