1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

*Couldn't find info* Fender Jazz 24

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rakie, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Rakie

Rakie Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...

Sorry, I searched and found nothing...

So, what are the woods on this bass ?
    Are the Basslines REAL basslines ? or are they the equivalent of MK Barts ?
    What kind of pre amp is in it ?
    Is it still a "Fender" to most people, seeing as its their ONLY bass that differs from their original design ? (NO pick guard, 24 fret, active electronics etc etc)

And finally, what do you think about the bass ?

2. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    All the specs are posted right on the Fender web site......

And yes, they are real BassLines....just made overseas. The preamp is also a SD.

The Jazz 24 is made by Cort for Fender. And they do a damn good job for the most part.

Also the design is based off of the American Deluxe FMT Series...which has been around much longer then the Jazz 24

deluxe_qmt.

3. Basslines are made in USA always, otherwise it's Duncan Designed

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The pups are genuine but the pre is "Duncan designed".

It's a nice bass with looks to match. The pre doesn't do the pups justice IMO however.

5. Yup, pups are the real thing though the pre-amp is a watered-down version of the real thing (I think the real ones had an adjustable slap contour whereas the watered-down version had a fixed setting). I agree with syciprider: the preamp didn't do justice to the the bass and its components, so I replaced it with an Audere.

6. Rakie

Thats why I don't trust the fender site, I read it and It didn't give me real hand experience. I don't recall reading "The pickups are good and the pre is ok, we'd suggest replacing it".

7. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Don't know why you wouldn't trust the Fender site. They are not going to say the preamp is soso.....it is like buying a car and manufacturer says the engine is ok, but you can put a better one in. It will never happen. The specs on the Fender web site are dead on...no subversion there!

As far as the preamp.....I had a Jazz 24 that I converted to a fretless. There wasn't a damn thing wrong the preamp....or the sound. It was an awesome sounding bass. It really is a matter of opinion. Just because someone does not like how it sounds, doesn't mean the preamp it crap. It just means they don't like it.

8. Rakie

Exactly. They aren't going to say the pre is an OK pre, not a good one. They didn't exactly say what it was either IIRC.

And about the preamp being crap. I don't like it much, Im used to Aguilars and Audere's.. Hell, I don't even like Basslines, I prefer Barts and Nordies.

heh.. I don't even like fenders, in fact I really, really DISLIKE them. Although, I purchased this bass.. I have a good friend at Guitar Center, needed a new bass with 24 frets, and I got this one, absurdly cheap... What I paid would be a good deal on a used one most likely.

So thats why I'm skeptical, just never been a fender fan. :( But this bass is actually pretty nice, surprisingly nice. Although its been a pain to setup... Not sure why but I cant get the action nearly as low as id like it.

I'll put up a happier thread about it later !