Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Counter-Strike

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Piezoman, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    hey, I play this crazy PC game online. Counter-Strike. It's a mod of half-life and it's awesome.

I'd like to know if anyone on this site plays. If they do, can I get anyone that wants to join a clan (Only if youre good though, Please, dont waste our time) We will try you out.

By te way, I when I play, I am [ThE] crazybassist just so you know. The clan is [ThE] and we are recruiting, thnx, l8r

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I play...but don't care to be in a clan. I don't have time to fit it into my schedule. It is a VERY addicting game. A lot more strategy then what it seems to have. I play in a lot of Atlanta servers as Telefon Tel Aviv.

3. I was addicted to that game for much too long.

I was actually getting halfway good when I broke off from playing it.

Good times good times.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Good luck finding your man! Counterstrike rules! I played all the time at the netbars in China when I was there. I'm about to get DSL again so I'll be back up soon. I also play Delta Force.

brad cook

5. ive been playing for about three years....it was an addiction, and i was hella good...THEN i got into hacking (ogc) and cheating, then the addiction phased out after i got low frame rates out of my ati radeon 64mb ddr.:(

btw, i am a computer dork.;)

6. I play all the time, usualy at one of the cpo-group.com's servers, which are great servers, cause when you get a hit, the dmg shows up in blue in the middle of the screen, its a great feature that more servers need to have.

And, Im always Another18months

BTW, does anyone else HATE being a terroist cause the guns suck so much?

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Cheaters suck.

A lot of the Chinese people that I played with cheated. After a while though I could still beat a lot of the cheaters anyway.

brad cook

8. I played it too much sophomore year and got tendinitis as a result... :mad: :rolleyes:

I hardly game anymore.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Like the new avatar, Pete. Much more smug than the one before.

brad cook

10. I mean, I'm wearing a Gap mock-turtleneck sweater, bought for half-price, no less. I just can't get any more smug than that, even in a suit.

11. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Actually, to answer a question, I am always CT because T's are fruits and their guns suck and does that mean you wanna tryout soon Digme. If so, contact me or leave me a post.

Oh, and teamfortress is owned completely by CS

thnx, l8r

12. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    T´s weapons suck? The AK47 is the best gun in the game, that is if you know how to use it.

I used to play CS for nearly three years, I just broke free from the addiction last august, then I just decided that this was enough. I haven´t touched CS since.

During my playing days I was in a clan here in Iceland which was/is called [.Hate.] We were actually ranked one of the top 5 clans in the world at one point.

13. Day of Defeat baby... Day of Defeat.....

14. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    WHAT?!?!...the terrorist has THE best guns. THe aug and the duel pistols. What a combo.

15. In terms of stopping power, the Terrorists are far superior. The Aug dominates.

The CT's guns are generally a little more accurate and have larger magazines.

Just depends on your style I guess.

16. WORD. i always used dual pistols when i played CS. ALWAYS.

17. I can't think of a bigger waste of money than the Elites, especially given the existence of the MP5.

Hell, even the UMP45 is better for your money.

18. well, i'm easily amused by the idea of two guns. yippee!

i never played seriously; i just played it at my friend's house. sorry for not studying the game more closely.

19. I play counter-strike and Team fortress (HWguy YEA!!) but i dont think im very good at counter-strike, play team fortress more. So yea....