Counterfeit D'Addario strings on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, Feb 25, 2018.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    It is possible. It is possible from any seller.

Make sure you purchase from an authorized retailer (like myself). I also have some SKUs listed on Amazon and you can select different vendors from Amazon to make your purchase from... Make sure you choose one that is reputable.

Items I sell on Amazon I label with my barcode so they do not "pool" my inventory with items that can be fraudulent. This is not a default option. Most sellers will chose to use the factory barcode...

Farseer and superheavyfunk like this.
  3. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Amazon kinda buries the actual "seller" in the listing... They all say "By D'Addario" or "Ships and sold by Amazon"... The ones that are "ships and sold by Amazon" I believe are ones from the "pool" and not labeled with actual sellers barcodes.

4. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    That has always confused me about the way Amazon does things. It's not always easy to see who you're buying from, until the order shows up at your door.

5. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    One of the reasons I stayed off selling there for so long. I only sell fast moving SKUs on there. Recently started and it kinda sucks.

When I purchase on there I make it a point to look at who is selling it and choose between then.

6. Kikegg

Kikegg

Mar 3, 2011
    Madrid, Spain
    That happened to me once but not on Amazon, maybe DealExtreme IIRC with D'Addario EXL's. The guys at D'Addario confirmed they were a counterfeit and nicely they asked to the spanish importer to send me 2 free sets. Nice consumer support.

If bought via Amazon the worst scenario is that Amazon will refund you the cost or you get a free set from D'Addario. Nothing to lose, I think.

7. TimB 619

TimB 619 Guest

May 28, 2010
    Buy from Bassstringsonline.com. problem solved.