Country Music Tablature/Sheet Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cassanova, Jun 3, 2001.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I have an audition for a working country band next week, I was wondering if anyone out there knew where to find country music, sheet music or tabs? Ive tried here, tabcrawler, and a couple of others that a search provided but cant find any country. Any help is greatly apreciated.
  2. Cass. I hate to say this,(and please guys prove me wrong on this), but I doubt you will get much help from anyone in here on country music. I have noticed most of the guys in here seem to think country music is so simple that it is below them to even learn how to play it correctly. You actually have to put air between the notes sometimes. I play about 50% country and the rest rock,blues, Motown and others. Might be why my band plays every weekend instead of sitting in the practice room on the weekends wishing we had a place to play.Any way back to your question. I don't use tabs or sheet music myself, but I have seen some very good books in music stores that should get you through the first few weeks of playing until you learn the bands songs.
  3. Maybe more than you want for now but this book is pretty good.

The Lost Art of Country Bass
    they have it here
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i'm going to a country/bluegrass jam this weekend and all it really is is:
    1 5 1 5 1 5
  5. I love and play country music. I do bristle at times when other musicians put it down. I've said it before, but alot guys that say it's easy to play, can't find their a$$ on a country song when forced to do so. Like all music, it's got a feel and art form, yes that's right art form, all it's own.
    About the question about sheet music online for it. Sorry but i don't know where to direct you there. I write my own nashville number system charts to new stuff i need to learn. Do you know what songs your going to be playing at the audition? Trent
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I need to learn:

1. Guys Do It All The Time
    2. That Dont Impress Me Much
    3. Feel Like A Woman
    4. Single White Female
    5. Big Deal
    6. Born To Fly
    7. Pour Me (Another Shot Of Whiskey)
    8. Who I am
    9. Goodbye Earl
    10. Breathe

Ive got most of them down, the ones Id like tab or sheet music for are #'s 1, 5, 6, and 8. 6, 4, and 8 are fairly easy but theres some spots i cant make out too well. Guys do it all the time Ive got figured out except for a few runs here and there, that Im tryin to wing.
  7. So i take it this band has a chick in it? lol I have charts on #'s 5 & 6 on your list, Big deal & Born to Fly. I'm playing Born to fly again this weekend in fact. Guys do it all the time & Who i am i've never played. I see you guys talk about tabs all the time on here, but i don't even know what a tab looks like or how it reads. Pardon my ignorance there and feel free to enlighten me. Do you read numbers? Trent
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    yes the singer is a woman. can you can email me those charts? I could really use them, especially for big deal.

I dont usually use tabs, but i want to make sure i have the tunes as correct as possible. Im fairly new to playing country. Should be interesting.
  9. Hey man, you have it set up where your can't be e-mailed from here. So you'll have to e-mail me your e-mail or something. I don't have my charts on any kind of a computer file, i just keep them in my chart books, but i will try to write one out in an e-mail. That should be interesting. The stuff the band your going for is doing is all the newer commercial country, which is alot closer to pop/70's/80's rock than country in most cases. Trent