1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Country singer Junior Brown needs your help finding his 'guit-steel'

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 48thStreetCustom, Oct 8, 2019.

1. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Mordamir, Ggaa, MrLenny1 and 2 others like this.
  2. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    The photo I saw of this shows a different instrument with a natural finish. Do we know what it looks like today?

71918482_10156766186592737_5931007063026040832_n.

3. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    That’s also the axe I saw him play last year at the Continental Club in Austin. The dude with the red axe above isn’t Junior. I suspect the natural finish one is the missing instrument.

4. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011

back4more and wesonbass like this.
  5. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
  6. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
  7. LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    Red axe pics are from 2002 though. Well I guess if anyone sees one floating around in either finish, be suspicious.

8. LBS-bass

Nov 22, 2017
    California
  9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    It’s gonna be tough to pawn that thing and get away with it.

DirtDog, Afc70, Winslow and 4 others like this.
  10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Man, that stinks. I saw Junior live about 15 years ago and he slayed. Hope they find it fast.

11. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    The dude with the red axe IS Junior. The photo was taken a while back.

chupacerveza, bass4more and HolmeBass like this.
  12. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I saw him years ago. He's one of my favorite players and a very unique performer. Hopefully the guitars will be found soon.

13. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    I hope they catch whatever low-life stole it. It couldn't have been anyone who knows anything about him or that instrument, or they'd know how unique and impossible to pawn without getting caught that thing is gonna be.

14. I was thinking the same when I heard this interview with JB on the radio last night:
    One-Of-A-Kind Instrument Stolen In North Attleboro

Reminds me of the Gardner Museum heist -- OK, you got the Vermeer, now what do you do with it? With hope the thieves don't dumpster-ize it when they realize the hot water they're in.

chupacerveza and fhm555 like this.
  15. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    I imagine for him this would be like having your foot stolen. Hope he gets it back. Not like he can get a loaner quickly.

bass4more and mmon77 like this.
  16. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Back what seems like forever, a girl i worked with won a couple tickets to see ZZ Top, and asked to go with her to the show. Much to my surprise Junior opened for them. It was Junior, his wife on a flat top and an upright bass and it was a great show. Even though it’s an apple versus oranges thing, I enjoyed Junior way more than the little old band from Texas.

17. jdh3000

jdh3000

May 16, 2016
    Some people might wonder why ZZ Top would have this kind of opening act, but they are a bit eclectic.
    I saw them in concert last year and they brought out a steal player and played Act Naturally by buck owens... and it actually sounded good.

chuckNC and fhm555 like this.
  18. grinx

grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    is there a Stolen Items sticky or page here anywhere?

a fairly popular regional band in my area has just suffered a similar fate with an imported 100yo baritone sax which is a main part of this group's sound.
    dude has gigs this weekend and is not only crushed by not having his baby to play but can't even find one to borrow

i know I would be devastated if anyone took my 2oonces

chupacerveza likes this.
  19. Actually he owns the only two. The other was on loan to a museum in ATL (I think) and they're shipping it to Houston for his gig there tonight.

20. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Good. Always need a backup.