1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

country tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by quantum5, Jul 25, 2003.

1. i love county and i was wondering if there are sites specifically for country basstabs. if any, i would love some help on finding them..........

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    G|---------|---------|-
    D|---------|---------|-
    A|-5---5---|-5---5---|-
    E|---5---5-|---5---5-|-

Sorry... couldn't resist ;)

Wulf

3. have u even heard any of the new shizz? that kinda stuff is like old-school-upright-grand-ole-opery stuff. if ure not gunna help i just dont see why u even posted

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I always go with:

G|----------------|-----------------|
    D|----------------|----------------*|
    A|3-------3-------|3-------3---0-2-*|
    E|----3-------3---|----3-----3------|

Add in some spoons, a washboard, a banjo, and a big brown jug, and you know its going to be a good time! :D:D

Ok, seroiusly, I dont know of any tab sites for just country. You will probably have better luck looking on the tab mega-sites for specific country artists.

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    It's called humour - it happens from time to time round here!

It's also a subtle way of saying 'be more specific'. What I gave could fit as the bassline to a whole bunch of country songs. You didn't specify 'New Country'.

I don't know of any specific sites - have you tried doing a Google search for

"artist name" "track name" +tab

Wulf

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    there ya go!

you can try here but it's only guitar stuff. I used it while learnin tunes for my ex-country cover band. Just grab a chord sheet and work it out. Start following the root of the chord and listen to where the bass goes from there.

If you've got a specific problem with a specific song... request it with the song title in the subject, that way it'll get looked at.

I stopped in this thread only to see what kind of wise guy remarks were coming your way for such a vague topic.... country's been 'round longer then dirt, reckin some of it's been tabbed.

7. id love to have some tabs for
    rascal flatts-love you out loud
    lonestar-outside lookin it

this might get moved to tablature but hey thats fine too.

ty