SOLD Countryman Type 85

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by punchdrunk, Sep 4, 2020.

1. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    Price:
    United States
    Mint condition Countryman Type 85 D.I. with original box and paperwork. I purchased this earlier this year and have used it live once. It is an excellent DI, but I simply prefer the post DI signal from my Mesa.
    $90 ED99A2E1-4EFE-41F5-A0E2-4240CD417322.jpeg plus $10 shipping CONUS only. No trades.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    FranF likes this.
  2. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    Excellent DI here, Folks.

3. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Great DI. Bulletproof. I have one from 1979 I still carry as back up ( I usually use my speaker sim outs).
    I often use it to warm up acoustics as well. Will always gain the respect of any FOH person

punchdrunk likes this.
  4. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    If you need a DI without bells and whistles like a pre/DI. and want to get a clean signal this is the DI. Studios have used this for years. This will give you a very clean unaltered signal to your interface (Home Recordings) or to your sound man on a gig. Proven DI. Not a bad price.

punchdrunk likes this.
  5. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    That’s been my experience with Countryman DI’s. While this is the first one I’ve owned, I played through them many nights. Always a fantastic audio image.
    Thank you. I agree with your assessment, it’s a stalwart no-nonsense DI that’s built like a tank (just ask @Hyper-sloth ).

6. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Everyone should have this as a go too. To me if you don't have a Countryman or a JDI, you need one of them. They are what the engineer or soundman can use to make what he wants as an audio mix. If you say oh no the Noble or Reddi etc are better. For you maybe but as a backup DI's that are studio proven make a great addition. You can look at it as a extra set of strings at a gig, or a extra Tuner, Tools, Duck Tape, etc etc. I dont know you but you selling the countryman at this price is clearly a bargain and to me a necessity. Basically if you do Home Recordings or have a soundman who needs a DI A countryman is all you need. With a Clean signal you can eq it to your desire.

punchdrunk likes this.
  7. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Inactive

Jun 22, 2013
    Very well stated Bassist30. I agree with you 100%... sure there are fancier DIs available, but this one does what it does so well that it’s only an industry standard, but will also get the nod of approval from any sound engineer. A must have piece of kit.