1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Coupla quick Q's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassteban, Mar 4, 2008.

1. I searched here & elsewhere & didn't get an answer, so I'll take it to the TB FX experts. :D My gitard says his Visual Sound H20 is analog; is this correct?
    He also tells me the original Electric Mistress was a delay: my mind says it is & was a flanger w/added oscillation of some sort but not a delay. Who's right?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The H2O chorus is analog, but the echo is digital. The Mistress was always a flanger, although I wouldn't be surprised to learn if they made a version with a delay in addition to the flange.

3. From the Master, himself. :D
    Yeah, I know EHX has done so many variations & RIs over the years that it's hard to follow, but my kneejerk reaction to Senor Gitardo is *wrong*, monkey. :cool:
    I actually love the guy- no offense to the twanger-players.

4. With regards to the Mistress, he may be referring to the fact that flanging is created by using a short delay with modulation.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    [​IMG]

The only EHX pedal that ever came close. It's a hybrid of the Electric Mistress and Memory Man.

But no pedal labeled "Electric Mistress" ever had a delay effect (other than what is naturally used for the flanging effect).

6. Also, the Stereo Polychorus has a flanger mode and a delay mode (called double-track)