Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quatre03, Aug 7, 2005.

1. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    Explaination:I'm looking at new rigs. I have my eyes set on the Aguilar DB750, atop the Bergantino HT322. I played one last week, and I loved the way it made my highs and mids sound, it was exactly what i was looking for. Unfortunatly I noticed the low end bottomed out when i really tried to crank the amp. The store i was at, the guy(John DiMaggio) deemed not 'bass friendly'. But even then the cab was farting out. So I'm trying to rethink my rig with out going over 3 grand.

Either adding a 1x15 or completely rethinking my setup
  2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Get a good power amp and pre amp set up. is a good place to check out some power amps. (rmx and plx series) A good pre would be an ampeg maybe or a tech21 sansamp rbi. For a cab check out for a GREAT AND LOUD CAB. If you want an ultimate rig try getting a 310212 cab.

Hope this helps ya out some!

3. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I though about doing something like that with the Read Purtty preamp and a Stuart World 2.1.
  4. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I have a Yamaha TRB-JP It has a very high output, more so than the rest of my active basses. I have it very bassy and panned to the rear pickup for punch. i had like 2 gain on and the volume at max with a flat eq. I was trying to push the cab and the head to see how it would react.
  5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I know John and I tried the 322 there as well some time ago. John and me both agreed the 322 was VERY bass friendly. What your saying dosen't make sense unless you mean John isn't bass friendly, which dosen't make sense either. Something is amiss.
  6. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    the room i was plaing it he said wasnt bass friendly
  7. quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I was just trying to see if i could crank the amp to see how loud it got and when it was up, not maxed it started bottoming out on the low end. I'm also concerned because i'm going to be pumping in effects that may boost my signal into the cab