1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Couple of vids to check out

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by CHILDISHGAMBINO, Aug 15, 2007.

1. I just put a couple of videos up on the band I'm in's Myspace. The first one is our second show so that's why the lyrics are in the singers hand. The second is our third show and the sound is a little weird at times due to the high volume and handicam mic but it has a little more going as far as energy etc. Let me know what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/sleepertheband

2. Bump. Anyone?

3. Come on guys, is it that bad. A little feedback would be cool -positve or negative. Thanks.

4. Wow great to see that threads about Britney Spears and Mandy Moore got more responses than my post. Thanks for nothing everybody.

5. Sorry; I would comment but every time I bring the link up my pc locks up.
    It does that on myspace now and then.
    So as soon as I can actually see or at least hear your videos I’ll post.
    MM

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Well, it`s not my kind of music (nu metal is too "new" for an older guy like me) but it sounds really powerful.

BTW, the first guitarist should watch the camera at least once :smug:

7. Gasman

Gasman Gold Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2007
    South Carolina
    Hey man, kudos for throwing your stuff out there. Metalcore is not exactly my cup of tea, but my singer and drummer like it, so I've listened to quite a bit of it in spite of protest;)

So you've asked for an opinion, and I'll give you my 0.02$

First track- band sounds tight, but your singer is out of sync- I just don't like throwing out lyrics without thinking about rhythm or the cadence of the song, which he does at the beginning of the song. Otherwise, pretty tight.

Second track- better. Your band is still tight, but the singer seems more musical and focused.

I think you guys have potential, just need to bring all parts in a little more.

8. Thanks for the comments guys. Those videos are from our second and third shows so there are warts all over the place but we needed to throw something up on the Myspace until we can record. I didn't even know we were being filmed for either video so I don't know if the guitarist was aware of it either. The first vid was done after about 10 practices and the songs weren't set in stone/finished(lyrically) the vocals are a little more solid on that song now. We still need work thats for sure. Thanks again guys. oh and the nu-metal think on myspace is a joke.

9. Last bump. We did some ghetto style recording in our jam space with an analog four track, 2 mics and the vocals went direct. Doesn't sound great but not bad. Thanks for listening fellas.