Couple Questions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Artie, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Ive been playing for awhile and I've been trying to learn more about theory so I went to some websites but I was confused on somethings possibly becasue of my complete lack of musical knowledge. Concerning Time signature say like 3/4 do you play 3 quarter notes then rest for the last one I'm not sure just wanted to clear that up. ANd does anyone know a good site/s where I can learn the entire bass clef staff and it shows how it corresponds to which fret because there are three, I think, e's on the bass so are there three e's on the bass clef staff? And FInally I want to know what IM supposed to do next I play mostly just with the guitar with some minor variations where ever I see fit so any instructional help would..uh help.

2. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    In 3/4 time, there are only 3 quarter notes per measure. The 3 gives you the number of notes per measure and 4 tells you that the quarter note gets the beat. If you're in 6/8 time, there are 6 notes per measure and the 8th note gets the beat. Here's a link to a graphical representation of this: --> http://www.jazclass.aust.com/basicth/bt2.htm

3. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
  4. thanks the sites helped a lot

5. WillPlay4Food

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Glad I could help. :)