couple wah pedal questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xb100, Aug 14, 2004.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Hey dudes i was wondering if any of you know of a decent wah to use with distorition. Im playing a little venue and im playing anestesia and for whom the bell tolls. And im in need of a good wah that works good with distorition. I was planning on hooking the wah up to my bp50 then go from there. I know the 105q bass wah from dunlop i think it is :confused: is fairly good but ive read that it dosnt work good with distorition any input? thanks :meh: :help: :confused:

2. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    old chrome AC powered Morley Power Wah
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Corwin's right, Cliff used one, so did Jason, they work great but very expensive. I didn't like the results I got with my Crybabies, so you might want to check out the Morley PBA-II Dual Bass Wah.
  4. I have to concur with both of you. I actually use a Crybaby bass, as I like being able to leave it in certain positions and use it as a tone sweep as well, whereas the Morleys are spring loaded and return to "Zero" when you take your foot off, but for the sound you seek, the Morley will provide!
  5. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    not all Morleys are spring loaded, just certain "switchless" models.
  6. atoni

Jan 23, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    Endorsing Artist: Salo Guitars
    Yeah! I have Morley PBA-2 and it's great. You can also use other Morley wah's with bass...or so they claim.