1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cover band - need song suggestions for New Years Eve gig

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by mboogiemanusa, Nov 2, 2010.

1. We are a female fronted classic/southern/alternative rock cover band that usually plays local bar gigs. We play mostly 70's to 90's danceable classic rock but do not play any disco, motown, current top 40 or rave type dance music. We just booked a high dollar New Years eve dinner/dance party for a high end winery that will be attended by a couple hundred revelers. The audience will probably be much more upscale, mainstream and diverse than our usual dive bar rock audiences. Wondering if anyone has any good cover song suggestions for an upscale mainstream audience that would go over great on New Years Eve? Looking to compliment our existing sets with some surefire New Years eve hits to keep the dance floor jumping.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Whoever hired you obviously has heard you play your standard set. My suggestion is to call them and find out more about your audience and also ask him/her if he/she has any suggestions for additional tunes.

Here's one to add: Auld Lang Syne
    http://www.yourchords.com/105868/Misc-Traditional/Auld-Lang-Syne-Chords/

3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    A suggestion. Make sure you have some dance variety CDs ready just in case you get requests for songs you don't do like Electric Boogie (The Electric Slide dance song), Y.M.C.A., The Macarena, Mony, Mony, etc. I have CDs with lots of tunes like that to play through the PA on our breaks if songs are requested that we can't do and people are very happy with that in addition to our normal show of party, dance songs.

4. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I'd do any Mowtown you can work up quickly. Disco medleys always,in my experence,go over well. Just depends on the age range of the crowd. If you want to keep people on the dance floor,you gotta play danceable music. Motown,disco,and such always get the job done.