1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cover Issues. What Can I Do ?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jayb118, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Jayb118

Jayb118

Dec 6, 2005
    Isle of Wight
    Myself and a few friends recently started a band. None of us have really had any band experience so we wanted to do a cover to get used to it. The song we picked was "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails. We are getting to a stage where we will soon be able to record it.
    We do not want to try and make any money out of this but we wanted to put the recorded track on Myspace or on Purevolume so people would know what we sound like, but were worried about legal issues.
    NIN released the info for the song to be freely edited with something like GarbageBand but im not sure if this would be different.

2. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    Can you paste a URL pointing to that info? After I read it I might offer an opinion.

DCat,

3. Jayb118

Jayb118

Dec 6, 2005
    Isle of Wight
  4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I think your fine, just give them credit.

5. Manol

Manol Too Sexy To Be Left Handed.

Oct 9, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    You reckon you could post an mp3 of your work? As an avid NIN fan, im interested.

6. Jayb118

Jayb118

Dec 6, 2005
    Isle of Wight
    Thanks for your help chaosMK. And Manol sure i'll post an mp3 when we get it recorded but we don't have a drummer at the moment so it might be without drums.