1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cover plates

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bluedespite, Jun 29, 2014.

1. bluedespite

bluedespite

Dec 18, 2013
    I have this probem, i recently installed a pickup cover plate in my bass. But when i do some slap the E-String hit the cover plate.my question: is It a technique problem or a setup problem? What do you think?

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Just so we know exactly what you're talking about, do you mean a pickup cover that goes over the pickup bobbin and under the strings, or a pickup cover that looks like an ashtray above the strings?

3. Picture, please.

4. bluedespite

bluedespite

Dec 18, 2013
    Over the strings !!!

Attached Files:

5. Your strings are too high in relation to the cover. You need to find a way to get some room.

When installing the cover, it's not unusual to squeeze it a bit for clearance, but you've already got the holes drilled. If you can drop the saddles on the bridge, that will help.

6. bluedespite

bluedespite

Dec 18, 2013
    Thanks man!

7. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    I've heard lots of complaints about the ashtray pickup cover being too low and hitting the strings. I was just going to order mine and If It sits too low I'll have to bend it a bit. My action is low enough:D