Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cover Tune ramblings...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Jun 11, 2005.

1. 1. ok, so anyone here ever appraoch a "major" artist before performing a cover tune? i mean in a sense of getting their blessings and who knows what else might happen. Possibly getting correct music, etc....

2. Ever have a cover tune idea that you think is killer, but you can't tell anyone for fear of it being stolen (in regards to question #1)????

your thoughts please..

2. `ash

`ash

Feb 26, 2004
    Melbourne
    if i ever met an artist who songs i would like to cover, i would definately seek their blessing. I would also ask for the music as well if it wasnt readily available.

as a second part the your 1st question. If you asked an artist and they said no, yet your band really wanted to do it, would you still play it?

3. well, i've never gone the route that i'm mentioning. if we like a song we played it... however, the way i'm thinking is to do song going from say metal to reggae... you know, not a remake, just a different version... it's driving me nuts because i want to say what it is, but i think i've got a goldmine... :bassist: :p