1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Covering vents?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by saustindavis, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Hey there, I have a question about my amp. I have an Acoustic B200H and discovered by accident that it, on top of my B115, is the perfect height for my keyboard at shows. I'm wondering if this could be bad because the vents are partially covered. With the keyboard at a slight angle, the way I position it to play, it only covers about half of the vents, but I would hate for my head to overheat. The keyboard has little feet, about a 1/4" tall, that hold it up off of the vents, but I'm not sure if that's enough. We only do 30-45 minute sets, so not like all night or anything, and the area around the amp is pretty open. Could I possibly cause damage to my amp by doing this?

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Yes this could possibly cause your amp to overheat. See if you can find a board or something to lay on top of the amp, just so you end up with around an inch of clearance at the vent. You could also instal some taller rubber feet on top of the amp or bottom of your keyboard...

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    It cost the Acoustic company money to install those vents. They didn't just put them in there for show.

I don't know what the minimum clearance for the vents would be (1" could be good, or not) but I bet that someone at the Acoustic factory might have an idea. (After all, they paid some one to come up with the idea for putting those vents in there in the first place.)