Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by FLOYDtheBARBER, Nov 10, 2002.

1. What should my band cover at our next show?
    foo fighters-my hero
    incubus-new skin (we're a bit shaky on that one)

i'm quite open to any suggestions you might have other than these.
  2. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    Do, AC/DC-TNT

always gets the crowd going
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmmm... judging by your current songs... the audience would dig...

Come out and Play by The Offspring.

Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots.

Down by 311 (Hope you can rap, if not... choose another 311 song, they are all cool, and people love 'em... there so fun)

Any Red Hot Chili Pepper hit... or be daring and don't do a hit, believe it or not... they have more than 5 songs.

4. masaru

Aug 8, 2001
    Okinawa, Japan
    We just added Chop Suey and the response has been insane!
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    OH yeah, and I am pleased to hear you do OLD Incubus... maybe you guys could do something off Fungus Amongus... you will be a hot dancer maybe?
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd imagine Toxicity and Aerials would do the same... but I don't know about anybody but Serj doin' vocals... scary.
  7. Oh yes......:D

Come on, the crowd reaction would be priceless :p.
  8. I was going to say the exact same thing. New Skin really is a jam though, if only I knew someone locally who played bongos. :)
  9. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    i give my vote for fungus amongus! very cool and funky.

you could do hilikus, thats a cool song jsut to groove too, and crowds really do apprectiate a somewhat calm moment once in a while. also, if your band is talented enough, you could stab at speak free.

Also, greenday songs are very effective for getting crowds pumped up. you could make your own lyrics to brain stew, that usually works with my crowds. i usually take jabs at known ass-hole teachers. hilarious if you can work it!

also, do some goldfinger songs!!! this band is way underated, and they have some awsome songs. Im down is a pretty righteous song!

10. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    My band is working on a cover of Ben Folds' "Rockin' the Suburbs".

Judging by your current list, I would say that you should throw in an Alice in Chains or Pearl Jam cover. That should go over well with the crowd.

Personally though, I think you guys should cover some GWAR and Iron Maiden. And when you do, videotape the crowd reaction, it'll be hillarious trust me. :D ;) :D
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Judging by your user name and sig, Im guessing you wouldn't mind playing Nirvana.

Heart Shapped Box
    Rape Me
    Come as You Are
    Lounge Act
    In Bloom

Im not sure if your band would be as into it as you would be though. Im having that problem with my band. Of your choices I would say My Hero, though Everlong is a better Foo song in my opinion.

12. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    or you could do the new foo song!!!
    im sorry, but that song is kicking some serious ass on hte airwaves, as well as in my bedroom!

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    "Here In Your Bedroom" by Goldfinger is a very fun song to play.

"Self-Esteem" by the Offspring

"Longview" by Green Day

"Black-Eyed Blonde" by the Chili Peppers

"Suck my Kiss" by the Chili Peppers

These are a few songs that we do/have done in the past that are pretty fun to play and seem to go over well.
  14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    PLANT MAN! by Gary Young

Plant man knows where the plants all grow.
  15. thanks for the advice dudes. good suggestions nick man. We've done some nirvana before (in bloom, drain you, breed, aneurysm). Personally, I would love nothing more than to cover Floyd the barber or love buzz, off of bleach. but everyone would say "nirvana had CDs other than nevermind? whoa!"
    I think we're gonna play Everlong...we like it better than my Hero, but we wern't sure if we would be able to do it well enough. but we tried it out, and it already sounds quite nice. thanks again y'all!
  16. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    Offspring- Dammit, I changed Again

Pennywise- Greed

Black Sabbath- War Pigs (Only if you know you can do it with out killing the greatest metal song in history)

Social Distortion- Don't Drag Me Down

Black Sabbath- Paranoid

System Of A Down- Sugar

The Offspring- The Kids Aren't Alright

Blink 182- Dammit

Blink 182- Boring

Incubus- I Wish You Were Here

Greenday- Basketcase

Greenday- Welcome to Paradise

Jimmy Eat World- Sweetness

Black Sabbath- Ironman

Ya, that set would kill!
  17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I didnt mention alot of songs from Bleach and Incesticide for that same reason.

Downer is one Id love to do. Ive also thought about Blew and Floyd the Barber though.

18. Try mudshuvel by Stained, it'll rock em if they are young, and if not do Long train Runnin by the doobies, believe me it works great for bikers.
  19. Anything by KORN.....