1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

coverting to fretless [help in mass]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phatphillss, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ok so hears the deal ive owned my jackson 5 sring for 4 years and its having conection problems so it needs to go to a shop.my neck is a 1/8 inch warped aroung the 12th fret. im looking to send it in and get fixed but i want a new fretless neck put on is this posible? how much would it cost for a new neck and electronics or a conection.help can any one do this i seen aguy in the wormtown area that work on basses and hes on this forum i just dont know who he is somone shed so light please.

the neck is a bolt on

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    well first, what kind of bass do you have? If it's fender-esque you can get a warmoth fretless for about 130 or so depending on the options. I can't help you with the electronics bit. sorry.

3. its a jackson c5-p 5 string pearl white bolt on neck duncan design pickups

4. ok so hears the bass my second bass. i dont play it since the slight warp and it cuts out.im really intrested in fixing the neck first so throw out some options its 6 years old i think its like the c5p really thumpy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CAN THE MONITOR PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO SETUP, SORRY NOOB HAS NOT FULLY XPLORED THE SITE.