Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

coverting to fretless [help in mass]

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phatphillss, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ok so hears the deal ive owned my jackson 5 sring for 4 years and its having conection problems so it needs to go to a shop.my neck is a 1/8 inch warped aroung the 12th fret. im looking to send it in and get fixed but i want a new fretless neck put on is this posible? how much would it cost for a new neck and electronics or a conection.help can any one do this i seen aguy in the wormtown area that work on basses and hes on this forum i just dont know who he is somone shed so light please.

the neck is a bolt on

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    well first, what kind of bass do you have? If it's fender-esque you can get a warmoth fretless for about 130 or so depending on the options. I can't help you with the electronics bit. sorry.

3. its a jackson c5-p 5 string pearl white bolt on neck duncan design pickups

4. ok so hears the bass my second bass. i dont play it since the slight warp and it cuts out.im really intrested in fixing the neck first so throw out some options its 6 years old i think its like the c5p really thumpy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CAN THE MONITOR PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO SETUP, SORRY NOOB HAS NOT FULLY XPLORED THE SITE.