1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Covet photos of my stable of basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stflbn, Apr 22, 2010.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Not as outrageous or super high dollar as many, but I'm content.

It was a beautiful evening last night around Nashville, so had the opportunity to take some nicer shots of my current stable of basses. Which I'm pretty happy with 'for once'.

Regenerate Guitar Works Heritage Plus 5 Extreme
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Reverend Brad Houser 5
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fendowsky
    (Fender MIA Deluxe Active Jazz 5 with Sadowsky pickups and electronics)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carvin Bunny Brunel 5
    (Custom rediused Bartolini Dual Coils and Glockenklang 3-band Preamp)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Schecter Studio5
    (Custom Kent Armstrong radiused Humbuckers and Aguilar OBP-3)
    This has the most play wear of any of my basses and remains 'something very special' tonally.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MarCn

MarCn

Apr 22, 2010
    Nice guitars ;)

3. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Nice collection....too many strings though. I'm still not sure that I need all 4....what is that real thin one for anyway?

:D

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    <-- Lost without a low B-string. Keep trying 4's again, but they never stay around long.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Awesome collection. They're all sweet, but I'm a P-bass guy so that Regenerate really makes my socks roll up and down. :p

P.S. I've always wanted a Brad Houser, nice!

Different strokes. I'm sticking with five, too.

6. Nicenes all around. If the BB was fretless I would NOT like this thread. :D

7. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    That regenerate is tasty. Nice collection.

I'm the opposite. I keep a 5 string around, and for a while I was using my DJ5 for everything, but I got used to my 4's again and last time I played the DJ5 it just seemed awkward.

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

The Houser has completely blown me away. I've had it about 10 days now and it's really staking it's claim sonically.

9. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Very nice collection!

10. I'd say that's a very nice stable of basses. Thanks for sharing!

11. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Thanks.

The Fendowsky has taken the edge off my gas for a true Sadowsky. It's 'close enough' for my needs and unrefined tastes at least.

I was very surprised by the clarity and smoothness of the Barts and Glockenklang in the carvin. Not as dark and mellow as my previous experience with Barts, and the Glock just allows clean flexibility of tone with a Passive tone control option also.

12. That Regenerate is just :eek: !!!

13. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Yes it is. Actually, the FatStack in the bridge is often to middy and punchy for my needs. I've got a Nordy Dual Coil humbucker in 18mm spacing coming my way next week to try. I'll probably do some sound clips of it before and after the swap. I know people are always looking for comparison's between many of the Nordy pickups and there never seem to be good examples in the same bass with the same strings, etc.

It's currently got SIT Power Steels on it and that seems to be the solid/punchy/crisp top end that i've been looking for, but I've been migrating toward Stainless roundwounds, or EB Coated Slinkies on all of my basses.

14. nice pics, I see you are using a D60 (nikon fan myself) The Regenerate is my favorite (and Rodent is a great guy)

15. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    " wifes " D60. :)

16. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    That Shechter is gorgeous.

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Good stuff. Never too many basses.

Thanks for sharing.

18. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    Nice collection!

I really like the look of the Fender.

19. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

Actually, I wish the Schecter hung a bit better. I always end up playing it almost horizontal. Since doing the electronics mods though it sounds so great that it's a hassle I deal with. I've also been tempted for the past year to stain it trans black rather than the honey.

:)

20. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Nice,I love that Carvin!!!Has it a mahogany neck?