Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cowboy Bebop

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BigWig Will, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Has anyone gotten the Soundtrack to the OVA? If not I whole reccommend it to everyone! Even if you hate anime, cartoons, whatever. It is a JAZZ bebop album in every sense of the word. Albeit, its not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's close. Check it out! Please?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I second that notion.
    even if your not a big bebop fan, you'll still probably enjoy this(these) disc(s) Great stuff.
    yoko kanno and the seatbelts are really amazing musicans.

3. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    didn't they do, "What planet is this?"

I wouldn't call that bebop...

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    thats my favorite thing about the seatbelts, they aren't just a bebop band....on the Cowboy bebop CDs, theres bebop, blues, swing-esque stuff, folk, rock...etc. they're a very dynamic group.

5. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I love that anime. The soundtrack is one of the best I've heard on any movie/TV show in a long time. I didn't even know they had released a soundtrack for it. I'm still saving up for the DVDs. I guess I'll check it out sometime during the summer.

6. Ha, another example are song of an Anime called Digimon(a pokemon clone), that has a lot of progressive (very dream theater)stuff. I noticed that one day i went to visit a friend, and his little bro was listening the soundtrack. (that sucks a lot anyway because of the chessy vocals for childrens of some songs..... but the instrumental song where really cool). besides its really hard to find those songs on internet.... even with audiogallaxy, because those little kids only like songs with lyrics....

7. Its all import tracks though, so they're more expensive than usual, so its unlikely you'll find any of the soundtracks anywhere except for dedicated Manga/anime/comic book/import music stores, you can find them on Amazon though.

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    well I know if you buy the perfect sessions you get a bonus soundtrack disc along with it....problem is perfect sessions will set you back what is it $180?
    pricey!
    I bought all the dvds one at a time whenever I had the cash...I'll bet it was more expensive in the long run that way...but I was impatient once I had seen the first dvd.

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    "Tank" is an awesome tune. It's a great series with great music.