1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

CP10 vs BP10

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andy V., Dec 8, 2006.

1. I've heard great things regarding the ibanez bp10 compressor, but I can't find one avaiable here.
    I found a cp10 though.
    I've been testing it this week (borrowed form the store) and I really like the sound I'm getting - a little bass is lost, but the treble is very good.

You guys know if there's a major difference between this two pedals?

2. Bump!
    Anyone?

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Just a guess, but I'd bet the only differences are a different size of input capacitor (larger for bass) and different resistor/capacitor values for the tone knob. If you have a friend who can do electronic repairs, they can change those parts easily.

4. Yeah, my luthier can do electronic repairs.

Do you happen to know what would be a good size/value for a modification for bass?

I'm getting the CP10 for about 15 dollars...

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Start with just the input cap, and try something like .33uF or .47uF. The tone pot and other parts of the circuit may need adjusting "to taste", but it's harder to say what values are helpful. Generally, larger values = bassier. For audio caps, use the best quality you can afford; don't go with ceramic or electrolytic unless that's all that's available.

6. Thanks, bongo!

You're always helpful!