1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CR-7 Chorus, Russian Big Muff, EHX Small Stone, Morley Power Wah, what else?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kjarkas, May 16, 2011.

1. Kjarkas

Kjarkas

Feb 14, 2010
    Here is my current effects chain:

Bass---->Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus > Sovtex EHX Big Muff Pi > Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tubescreamer > EHX Small Stone Nano Phase Shifter > Morley Power Wah Glo Series ----> Amp

I'm thinking of trading in my Ibanez pedal, but not sure what to replace it with. I want something to complement the Big Muff fuzz sound with maybe distortion or overdrive and it seems the Ibanez doesn't mix well with what I have.

I thought of the MXR Bass Blowtorch along with the Hardwire TL2 Metal Distortion pedal, but I don't know what else is out there. I already sold my Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive because I didn't like it.

I would like something with bass boost and for the wah to growl more bass-like than it does with the Muff engaged. Any thoughts?

2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    IMHO: Get a Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah-Wah...its amazing and makes any fuzz I have sing or growl! As far as o/d-dirt my fave for o/d is the Tech21 VT-Bass but I've heard that the Rusty Box gets a lot of love for that as well. If you want more low o/d look into a fuzzrocious dark driving.. hope that helps!

3. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Try doing the Tubescreamer --> Muff Pi, IME your better off using the 'screamer to boost the drive of the Muff as the Tubescreamer really colours the sound of other drives going into it.
    For that matter, I'm confused about why you have your chorus first in your chain....but to each his (or her) own...

4. Kjarkas

Kjarkas

Feb 14, 2010
    Glad to explain. I like having a clean chorus signal before it gets distorted. After that, I like to swirl those effects with the phase shifter and finally put all those effects through the wah. I also have the dimebag wah, but I use that for my guitar.

I'll try putting the tubescreamer before the muff, but I might've had issues in volume differences before (one pedal boosting the other too much, one of the pedals too quiet when soloed) I don't remember, but I'll tweak the levels of each pedal if need be.

Good suggestions, guys. Keep em coming!

5. Kjarkas

Kjarkas

Feb 14, 2010
    I traded the TS9DX for the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive. Kinda funny story, I was researching the TS9B Bass Tubescreamer online and kept seeing comments about the Sparkle Drive being a clone of the TS808 with the exception of no low end loss. I tried out the pedal the same day at a Guitar Center and made the trade before I left the store.