Craiglist Seymore Duncans in Toronto

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JPrinos, Aug 5, 2009.

1. JPrinos

JPrinos

May 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey all,

I've got an SX fretless and was wondering about changing the pickups if a good set came up. Does anyone have an opinion on these?

Thanks in advance.

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Those pickups are the "Duncan Designed" ones that Fender has used in a variety of instruments. I presume by the name that Seymour Duncan does not manufacture them, as to what role Seymour and his company had in the "design" I don't know. I mean it could have been anything. $40 is not a bad price for a set of stock Squier pickups but it's not a screaming great deal either.

3. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    Those are some pretty good sounding pickups.
    Very similar to SD Basslines vintage.
    They are made in Korea, and don't have all of the "hand-made" qualities of the USA SD's.

4. Those are the pickups that came off a Squier VMJ, and he states it in his ad.

Those are not Seymour Duncan pickups, just designed by Seymour Duncan.
    Basically they are Squier pickups.

If you are interested, i actually have the neck pickup from one of those sets lying around, if you want to buy just the one pickup.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021