1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Craiglist Wal bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I found this while browsing my local CraigsList. This is way out of my budget but I was just looking for some history on it and what the deal is on the Wal Bass.

2. MaxSBM

MaxSBM

Oct 10, 2011
    I would by that it if weren't 5 strings or fretless
    I absoloutly love Wal basses.

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Never played a Wal however having sold a lot of stuff on CL, I would be surprised if he actually got his price or close to it. Most people who browse on CL are bottom feeders . This item should should be on TB or at a music store that deals in high priced instruments. In any case it looks like a beautiful bass.....:)

4. It definitely looks beautiful but what about them makes them worth 7k + ?

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That bass is FS by a TBer.

6. Jdpsounds

Jdpsounds

Sep 30, 2011
    Woodbridge
    Thats not a $7k+ bass...... Someone has lost their mind.

7. Small world that it's from someone here on TB. I've heard of the brand before, just didn't know what made them worth that price, was curious to learn more.

8. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Wals are my ultimate dream bass, and this guy is close to me, but I wouldnt pay that much for it. Used ones, depending on the options, are NOT cheap but that seems a little high. It looks great and I was going to contact him to just go play it lol but, I figured I wouldnt subject him to the drooling fanboi routine.

9. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    7k? How about no.