1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Craigs List of the Future

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ZonGuy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    Your CL ad will list your facebook and twitter info.

You will trade emails with prospective bandmates

Your first audition will be via internet

Your rehearsals will by internet.

The guitar player will be late, using Guitar Hero, and will only be interested in the solos.

2. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Internet? :confused:

3. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    THere was an article on the news yesterday about an entire symphonic orchestra that was auditioned via internet.

Surely one can do the same to find buds to play "Mustang Sally"

4. +1

5. RONQUITO

RONQUITO

Dec 27, 2007
    I´m gonna play devil´s advocate a little, this is kinda off-topic but i think it´s worth mentioning since i saw some gui**** bashing in the OP´s post (don´t get me wrong, i bash them every time i get the chance)

I think the vast majority of gui****s are poor little creatures because:

-They don´t know how to EQ their amps to save their lives, therefore they cause those annoying squeals that sometimes are called "riffs".

-The instruments they play are very temperamental and unstable, we bassists know that guitars are NEVER in tune, sometimes when they are real expensive and sport excelent hardware they can get close, but those are exceptions.

-Sometimes i get so sad because they seem to be deaf, because they need as a minimum a half stack to hear themselves, when we all know that there are many, many 2x12 and even 1x12 combos that sound extremely well and can take paint off walls with their volume.

-I wish there was some kind of remote control to MUTE them between songs, because you can threaten them bastards with a high caliber pistol and they will never stop noodling.

-I find myself very often burning CD´s for them, so they can hear guitarists that play their instruments tastefully and are aware of the differences in sound and dynamics that should be present in every song, a little delay here for the verse, a little compression there for the chorus, some useful boost for the solo and so on...

So as a band member i often play the "older" brother role, we bass players are the ones that bind.

Disclaimer: I´m not bashing all of the guitarists in the world, just the vast majority of them, there are very good ones too but there are very few of them, i´ve had the chance to play with some, and with them i learned invaluable things.

Sorry for the long derail...

/rant

6. ZonGuy

ZonGuy

Sep 2, 2007
    +1 You are truly the Mother Teresa of the musical world.