1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Craigslist 1965 Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 48thStreetCustom, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
  2. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I would agree for the condition of it, but it is aged.. If it were mint, showroom maybe..

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Love the burst on this one.

4. 77PBass

77PBass Banned

Dec 5, 2007
    nyc
    Not high at all. I have a '65. $5800, if it is what he says it is (all original) is reasonable for a private sale in this condition.

Play it and you will see why these things cost so much. The '65's are indistinguishable from a '64 when they contain the same parts. It looks like this has the older tuners and not lollipops.

5. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I know given the age of the bass, there is normal wear, but in that condition $5,800.00 !! WoW, Im really out of sorts I guess.. sorry.. maybe it is worth that.. who knows.. I guess quality and age hold the upper hand here..

6. 64jazz

64jazz

Nov 29, 2011
    Louisville, KY USA
    Sounds about right to me and if I was in the market, definitely worth checking out. May of '65 is still essentially pre-CBS in my mind, although purists argue that opinion.

7. 64jazz

64jazz

Nov 29, 2011
    Louisville, KY USA
    Wow!

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    IME, $5800 for it is VERY reasonable and it's easily worth that as long as the neck is straight and the truss rod isn't buried way into the heel.