1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Craigslist ad. Classic Fender 1964

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Jun 30, 2014.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

2. Mcnailit

Mcnailit

Nov 22, 2011
    Amarillo, Tx
    What a shame. Painted the neck, covered the logo on the headstock, and butchered the pickgaurd. Someone might pay it. I have a friend with an all original '66 for not that much more. I'd rather be patient and buy the original. I do like refins for player and gigging purposes but the price should reflect the lost value

3. Probably not.

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Painting the neck has to be the worst idea ever.

I would definitely want to see neck and body stamps before giving him a penny. And I would want to refinish the neck. I don't think I would pay $4k. No way. Probably not even 1/2 that.

5. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    This looks like a prime candidate for a professional refin. Because that looks AWFUL! I think if anyone went into this as a project, I'd aim for $3500 with the aim of getting it refinished properly, and if at all possible to the original finish color.

6. "In the early '90s I fell in love with the look of the Fender JP-90...."

AGH likes this.
  7. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Too many issues with that bass to warrant 4K. 2K maybe, but probably not.

Lownote38 likes this.