1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Craigslist ad draws theives...ends in death

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stumbo, Apr 30, 2010.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I also remember seeing some direly inappropriate advertising on some web pages just a short time after 11/9.

2. Buddy of mine almost had something similar happen.

He was looking to buy his first car, saw something decent for ~2000 on CL, went to meet the people where the car was and notices 5-6 really buff intimidating guys and the car was NOT in the condition the photo's had portrayed. They knew that my friend was just a kid with $2000 in his pocket and were probably going to roll him. He's a pretty tough guy though and his dad was with him, my buddy and his dad are russian and pretty built so the guys just kind of aborted the plan.

3. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    So, they're now using cl (etc?) to 'paint targets', are they?

I fear this new form of *home invasion is going to get a LOT uglier.

(IMO * should = federal time. No deals.)

4. 11th of september, hence 11/9. We do dates differently on this side of the pond :p

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

This method of robbery is not new at all. During the 60's. 70's and 80's newspaper classifieds and trading times(classified sales paper) were utilized in the same way to assist in zeroing in on particular home invasion targets.

6. +1. I always meet in a public place.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Maybe she wanted you to 'come inside'?

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    This isnt exactly new, there was that whole Craigslist rapist thing back just 6 months or so ago.