1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Craigslist advice needed

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by capnjim, Sep 10, 2008.

1. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    So I'm going to go look at this bass. I'm a sucker for seventies olympic white. It will match my '74 strat. the seller claims all US hardware and custom shop neck. I'm a bit suspicious of the custom shop neck. Whaddya think?
    http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/msg/818189890.html

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Custom shop, eh? Who's custom shop? If it's Fender's, then there should be some form of documentation to go with it.

3. Either way man, it's an excellent bass. I'd say go for! Looks a beauty, and deffinitely screams "VINTAGE!"... I'm a sucker for the olympic white too man!:)

4. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    For 850 I would take it. I really like the finish on that one. I think the neck is a more recent custom shop neck. But at that price its cheaper then the new mia fenders.

5. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

There is a fender custom shop logo on the back of the headstock in a picture.

However I thought the logo was supposed to go in the middle of the back of the headstock not on the far left with that circular bit.

6. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Ahh, ok. Looks like the original tuners are partially covering it up.

7. FWIW there have been Fender Custom Shop stickers that circulate the internet - so when you go to check it out, look at the logo closely to make sure it's authentic. Otherwise you're taking a lot at face value. Bass could have a 70's body, and a custom shop neck. Or it could be a recent Squier with a paint job, and some stickers. Check out as much as you can to verify the origin.

If everything checks out, $850 seems like a decent price for it.