1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Craigslist Bass - Good Deal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I found a used Ibanez SR300 for $149 with a hardshell case. Seller says everything is in good working order and the pics show it to be in great condition. I think this is a good price..opinions?

2. Porkbun

Porkbun

Mar 10, 2010
    Stamford, CT
    Good price, especially with the HSC

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If it's in good working condition, then yeah. it's totally worth buying. I'm planning on buying an Ibanez sr300 myself for my brother's band. I've recently bought an Ibanez sr305 for my band and it sounds totally awesome. since I was impressed by the sound quality of the sr305, I plan to buy an Ibanez sr300 for my brother's band real soon.

4. Get it quick, or someone else will

5. It's an OK price, if the case is real, then it's worth it.

6. I called the guy and left a message...hope to hear back..not sure what plans I'll have for this if I get it...I have an Ibby SRX300 with tapes on now. I might throw the tapes on the SR and drop tune the SRX...not sure.

7. Since I'm OCD (yes, really)...what do you guys think I should do between the SR and SRX? ..drop D tune one and keep tapes on the other, which one do you think would be best suited for a drop tuning with heavy strings and which would be better with tapes for overall sound?