1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CraigsList Incredible

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by MEKer, Nov 22, 2010.

1. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
  2. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Wow, that is actually the most insane thing I've ever read on CL.

3. Must be
    stable and
    Seems easy to find at least three musicians financially stable without a day job. :rollno:

4. baileyboy

baileyboy

Aug 12, 2010
    Sadly, there will be someone out there that will give this guy his credit card #...

5. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    "My style is much like Nickleback, Johhny Cash and Pantera rolled into one." ok... Is there some other guy name "Johhny Cash" who plays metal???

"You must be able to rehearse during the day, 4 times a week and 3-4 hours each practice." Is he paying for rehearsals? If not, well, good luck with that...

6. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    "My style is much like Nickleback, Johhny Cash and Pantera rolled into one." I want to hear that!

Copy & paste CL ads they get pulled down.

starting a band (columbus)
    Date: 2010-11-22, 9:29AM EST
    Reply to: comm-yp6cg-2073737169@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Im a singer and songwriter. I have sang for 4 professional bands in Japan and in Canada. I need a drummer, guitarist and bass. You must be able to contribute to the band musically and finacially.
    Auditions will be held at an undisclosed location and you will be judged by my wife (producer) my manager and a staff of record producers. When setting up an audition you will need a credit card number, I will hold $100 on the card until you show up for the audition, then it will be credited, I have no time for losers that dont show up. My style is much like Nickleback, Johhny Cash and Pantera rolled into one.

You must be able to rehearse during the day, 4 times a week and 3-4 hours each practice.

Please respond with your name. phone number, a photo and a link to your music.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2073737169

7. Wow

8. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    If I'm reading it correctly, the $100 hold is just a deposit. You get it credited back if you show up.

9. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Really? How do they know? But you posted the whole thing. :confused: Thanks for the tip, but please clarify as I never have heard that.

10. trayner1

trayner1

Jul 1, 2010
    La Jolla,CA
    What the hell does "Nickelback, Johnny Cash, and Pantera rolled into one" sound like?
    I bet someone saw that and thought, "Finally, a band that plays Country-Western-Canadian Metal!!"
    Sheesh. I wonder what his wife/producer thinks of this...

11. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    I couldn't get past "I have sang".

12. Take's the whole "pay to play" scam to another level

13. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    must sound like "crappy" "depressing" "awesomeness"

14. Possibly the best CL ad ever.

You want pictures and music samples from me, but I don't get any of you? OK. You want me to give my credit card number to a total stranger? Sure. Your wife is a better judge of musical ability and interpersonal chemistry than you are? No problem.

The undisclosed location for the audition might be a problem for me though. If you want me to actually show up in person, I think you'll have to tell me where it is.

15. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir... Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    I like it!
    "Auditions will be held at an undisclosed location". Perhaps that means he somehow charges your credit card $100, then doesn't tell you where the audition is. When you don't show up, he keeps the $100. Since his wife is the Producer and Manager, she keeps 70% of it. 20% then goes to the "staff of record producers" who don't have day jobs either, and the singer is left with $10 to purchase Canadian CD's imported from Japan.
    Or perhaps I simply misread the ad. :D

16. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Theres a man who has no time to waste on intelligent band mates.

17. Mike151

Mike151 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    !!!!SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!

18. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

Feb 10, 2009
    As if the credit card thing isn't obnoxious enough, his wife is the producer? I dunno about you all, but one of my major prerequisites.......No Yokos

19. Mike151

Mike151 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Sherman Texas
    +1

20. Staff of producers = son, cat, and dog named Moe.