Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Craigslist Jokers

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Dec 31, 2003.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Anyone else a visitor to the craigslist site? I have been feelin kinda bummed out lately, so I went looking for something to buy to cheer myself up. As I was browsing the craigslist page of "Wanted" ads for my area, I came across some classics. Made me laugh out loud.

One guy is looking for cheap/free "chic friendly" furniture for his nephew that just moved out. He said the kids current furniture looked as comfy as a burlap bag full of kittens!! Hehehe....He wanted to get the "chic friendly" furniture for his nephew to make his apartment more "chic friendly" so the kid could score more. So, on that note, a question for the female TB members. Does the kind of furniture in a guys apartment come into play when deciding if you will let him "score"? Hehehe

Another dude is asking for "free computer stuff and other things". He even said in the ad....."you'll be surprised what i will take"...but he quickly added "no pets and large furniture." He even wants old, broken, burnt computers that don't look burnt. :) Finally, he wants us to know "i prefer latge amounts but will take small amounts."

Well, that is all. It made me laugh to post this, and read over it. I am off to go read some more classic ads from people begging for free stuff. Thanks for listening. :)

-Mike