Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 10, 2002.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Last night at borders book store got their greatest hits from 1992 and 2002. What a talented band just a real good vibe with a good amount of irish rock influence. I highly suggested it.
  2. this is a different band from the Cranberries?
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I really hated them back then because of the voice, miserable Sinead O'Connor clone.
    Zombie still gets me into a bad mode whenever I hear it.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Zah-ahm-bey, zah-ahm-bey, zah-ahm-beh-ey-ey-ey-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.

5. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Yup! That "Zombie" song definitely belongs in the "Songs I Hate" thread in the "Miscellaneous" folder. I never understood why that was a hit.
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I always dug them. It's a wonder I never bought one of their albums though. Maybe I should get around to that.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

You should get the stars album it is a good selection of their work. This is the same band cranberries
  8. okay, there may be a couple of songs where Dolores O'Riordan takes it a little bit too far. But, IMO, she has a very unique voice and she knows how to use it. She uses her voice truly as an instrument, not being just a singer. I think if one were to really sit down and listen to all of her vocal nuances, they would very likely appreciate her talent like I do. I think she's incredible.

The Cranberries, unfortunately, haven't found much success in the US in the last 5 years, but I think they're doing well in Europe. They're OK musicians and songwriters, certainly no groundbreaking stuff, but I always like to listen to them. They're really not as bubble-gum as it might seem.
  9. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Doesn't the bass player play a Wal?