1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Crap Stingray selection

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Twice19, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 06279043-F89C-4C35-8406-D011EA00EFCB.
    No StingRay for you!

2. Twice19

Twice19

May 27, 2018
    yeah. no kidding. lol

3. Twice19

Twice19

May 27, 2018
    You couldn't be more wrong. you read 3 threads. If you want to suck up to commercial users of this forum go ahead. That's in your site's best interest, but I'm just expressing in a public forum what I want to BUY. I expressed my disappointment in Fenders, and I didn't buy one. I bought the Moollon you see in my profile pic. I paid for it 4 days ago. Should be arriving in a week. EB's selection is garbage. If it wasn't I would get one. I love the "unavailable" stingrays I've seen other people playing.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Anti-tort heathen Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    3 threads, with about half of your 52 posts on TalkBass. thank you for proving my point. i don't know who i'm supposedly sucking up to, as i haven't defended the companies you're complaining about, deleted or your posts, or said your opinions were wrong/off base. man i must be really bad at sucking up. and with all due respect, you're not expressing interest in what you want to buy. you're stating what you don't want to buy.

bovinehost and Stevorebob like this.
  5. Twice19

Twice19

May 27, 2018
    well, yeah... I post more in threads that I start than I do in other people's. That's just kind of how it goes. lol. I expressed exactly what I want to buy, and also what I don't.

6. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I wish Rogue would build a Stingray copy only better than a Stingray and with all the features only I want and everyone else can go suck eggs and the Rogue copy would only cost 25 dollars and come with trinkets and maybe some candy but they don't and they suck for not doing what I personally want them to do and their selection is crap and I don't know why they don't listen to me me me me me me me me, no one else really matters, do they?

Mistahbenn, Stevorebob, mdogs and 2 others like this.
  7. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    :roflmao:

8. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I just wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school.

Marko 1 likes this.
  9. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Hoo, yeah. But no one will ever understand how I control myself here (unless you know me in real life or we're FB pals).

jd56hawk and Joshua like this.
  10. I thought you'd made a decision to buy something else - so why go on another hissy fit rant all over again. You could just move on and play your new bass!!

lowdownthump likes this.
  11. Twice19

Twice19

May 27, 2018
    Lol. Cause I was in the market for 2 instruments.

12. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Oh, man. You really got us all on that one! :facepalm:

liverbird likes this.
  13. Briton

Briton

Apr 4, 2009
    London,England
    If the OP thinks that the selection is crap, then that is his opinion. Once again the EB Army swoop to defend EB PLC.

14. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Now that would make TB pretty boring, no? ;)

15. Slater and lowdownthump like this.
  16. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    “White knighting a corporation” .....who says that anyway?

17. liverbird

liverbird

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm curious, does a chip on one's shoulder interfere with one's bass playing? Or is it a potential cure to neck dive if the chip is on the right shoulder?

Stevorebob likes this.
  18. Briton

Briton

Apr 4, 2009
    London,England
    I don't know,could you elaborate......LOL.

19. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    The extra attitude works well when playing rock. :)

20. 58kites

58kites Save a life....adopt a Pitbull

Oct 21, 2014
    Austin Texas
    Sorry, but you sound a bit spoiled.
    You just paid for a Moolon 4 days ago that has not even arrived yet and you feel the need to start a thread to whine about EB (who makes fantastic production basses) for not having inventory of the exact "decades old but updated" bass ..you want in your favorite color.
    "EB's selection is garbage" ....really? ...garbage?
    ...as compared to what company? ..Fender? ..Gibson? ..G&L? ..Reverend?
    I guess I don't understand that kind of thinking.
    A great bass is a great bass...how important is the body paint color or the specific figuring on the neck?
    How it plays and how it sounds is important, the rest are just small details.
    Now you have to live with "too bad" instead of compromising a little bit and getting an instrument that you may really love.
    Maybe trying to be a bit more flexible could bring good things.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018